Monday, May 5, 2008

Little Caesars


According to President Yushchenko's official website, a couple of weeks ago he held "a gathering dedicated to problems of orphaned, disabled, homeless children and large families."

He also "urged the Government and local authorities to work out a complex and effective system of children protection" (emphasis mine). I would imagine that someday they will be looking at joining the Hague Convention, which requires really good child tracking. Sorry, file folders won't cut it.

The system is so broken right now. All those little empires. But what really needs to happen is that peoples' hearts need to change. Ukraine needs spiritual revival, not religion. I'm talking about a Holy Spirit revival. A one-on-one encounter with the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Well I do hope something good comes of this meeting, especially taking care of the street kids. So many times I have been tempted to post a link to street kids' pictures or videos, but it is too much for me to bear. I just can't do it.

If you want to read the article, it is President holds meeting dedicated to сhildren care.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yes, their hearts need to change! I have been praying so much for this. I second everything you said! Amen and Amen!