Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hope Is Fading - Orphan Sunday

Back when I was in Odessa, I wrote a post called Greener Pastures, which was about orphans' Hope. That day, the reality of the kids left behind hit me hard. I was so sad for them.

I remember one time at Sergey's orphanage... I had asked him if there were a lot of classmates that had been adopted... And he told me that he was the 19th one. I was surprised that he knew exactly how many there were. That told me that these kids really were paying attention - moreso than I expected.

Here is a video called Hope Is Fading, part of the promotion for Orphan Sunday on Nov. 7. The line in here that really kills me is when she looks in the mirror and says, "Today is the day - the family is coming to choose. I hope I look pretty enough." As if that should have anything to do with it. This poor ragamuffin has no idea how priceless she is. I hate this idea that picking out a child is like selecting a puppy at the pet store. It just isn't right.

Hope is Fading – Orphan Sunday from Allan Rosenow on Vimeo.

No comments: